Cool Moon bills itself as Portland’s finest all-natural ice cream. I visited on a late night and was pleased with their service. It’s a cute location – unlike Portland ice cream spots, they don’t have multiple locations.
Here’s what I tried:
Earl Grey – This is a pleasant favor! It’s kind of subtle and definitely fun. (Not the best earl grey ice cream I’ve had, but if you’re a fan, definitely give it a shot.)
Dark Chocolate Mint – This is quite creamy, and a fun combination of flavors. It isn’t particularly complex, but it’s very tasy.
Kulfi – This is pistachios with cardamom and rosewater. It’s a super fun flavor combo, reminding me of Mashti Malone’s. It was icier than I expected, consistently so, which was a bummer. Interestingly, it reminded me a bit of cereal milk!
Buttermilk Marionberry – The buttermilk base here is very buttermilky, but the fruit got lost in the bite that I tried. I’ll have to give it a fair shake next time!
Mexican Vanilla – With Mexican in the title, I was expecting a kick, but I couldn’t find it here. So it was okay – not what I expected.
I didn’t try the sorbets, but they looked great. Cool Moon is reportedly known for their sorbets, especially the chocolate one. Yum.
Overall, this is a solid choice for ice cream and a great choice if you’re working to stick with all natural ice creams. I look forward to going back and trying more in the future.
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.