Little Calf Creamery and Cafe, Thousand Oaks, CA
At Little Cafe Creamery and Cafe, ice cream isn’t the only thing on the menu, but it’s definitely a sweet destination! It’s in the back of a cute, higher end strip mall in Thousand Oaks, California.
As is true at a lot of counter service places, I felt rushed to try flavors (I didn’t want to keep a family from their dinner), but I noticed a large variety, including a coconut milk base, an almond milk base, a couple of sorbets and of course lots of ice cream flavors.
A double will get you two flavors if you like. It’s a nice space, with both an indoor and an outdoor option. $4 for a rather large single or $6 for a double felt like a great deal in this area, and perhaps best of all, they bring the ice cream to your table. I also loved that they use real dishes if you’re eating in.
Here’s what I tried:
Mint Chocolate Chip – The chips here are incredible and really melt in your mouth. The minty base wasn’t my favorite of all time, but it was still quite good.
Dublin Cream – If you like Bailey’s, this is amazing! It’s an excellent flavor I’d love to return to. I found it on St Patrick’s Day…it’s almost an eggnog texture. This one will stick with me for a long time. Highly recommend.
Classic Chocolate- This is a pleasant medium to light chocolate. It’s not particularly rich…pleasant, but it won’t win any awards.
Peanut Butter Fudge- This is a peanut butter base with chocolate fudge, with real swirls of peanut butter in it. It’s great if you’re in the mood for peanut butter!
Overall, I found the ice cream had an excellent texture. It’s pretty creamy and consistent. Really high quality and worth a visit!
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.