When I visited Ruby Jewel, the main purpose of my visit was to connect with a friend. Because I didn’t want her to think me the oddest of people, I didn’t take my usual 10-15 minutes to sample flavors and debate options.
Nevertheless, I got a nice glimpse of her favorite Portland-area ice cream spot. They have several locations to try, and their atmosphere is lovely, upscale but comfy and casual.
Here’s what I tried:
Nineteen27 Toasted Marshmallow – This was very tasty, but in the bit I tried, it was a little bit icy. A local company makes the marshmallows, and then they’re toasted and added to sweet cream ice cream. Definitely a fun concept!
Caramel with Salted Chocolate – I had this on two gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Honestly, how could it be bad? It was super satisfying.
So, I really liked Ruby Jewel! I’ll have to go back to give them a more fair review. I did notice their gluten-free flavors were limited, but they still had some really nice options. I look forward to a future trip!
Hope you’re staying well and have some ice cream in your future, friends. (Visit Ruby Jewel’s website for tips on getting your fix while their stores are closed.) If any of you are struggling with working from home/staying put, I’m featured in a new course bundle. Mine is called “Navigating Relationships When You’re Both Working From Home”. The link above will give you a huge discount on the course. Stay well, and take care!
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.