Frozen Matter, Denver, CO
Frozen Matter is not your average ice cream place! A microcreamery with unusual flavors, ice pops and soda, it was within walking distance to a venue my husband and I were performing at in Denver, so a stop was essential. They also have their own speakeasy inside called Retrograde – so a return visit for a cocktail is a must!
It’s an adorable space, with excellent service and a nice mix of indoor and outdoor space. Super cute and the hipster vintage lovers like me will eat this out of this world theme up.
Here’s what I tried:
Space Junk – This has a bourbon butter base with nuts and other fun things in it. Fun, but alcoholic flavors are always tricky, and this didn’t win me over.
Black Magic – This is a chocolate base with black tea and black currants. I really enjoyed this flavor combination! It’s very unusual, but also pretty excellent. I’d definitely go for this again. (I can taste it now! Very memorable.)
Lemon Blueberry – I loved the lemon flavor, in particular, but this ice cream didn’t quite win me as a favorite unfortunately.
Lavender Caramel – This is a tasty and very forward lavender flavor. It’s very good, bit life-changing, but if you enjoy lavender ice cream you’ll enjoy it.
I loved the creative flavors here. Besides Space Junk, which was really wacky and perhaps even excellent in its weirdness, none of these got into the realm of excellence. But they’re trying for big things with high quality ingredients. The double was $7.40 with very large portions, so the prices are pretty decent for a big city.
This isn’t my favorite in Denver, but I look forward to stopping by in the future to see what they’ve cooked up and check out the speakeasy. Thanks, Frozen Matter!
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.