Annabelle’s Ice Cream, Portsmouth, NH
Annabelle’s Ice Cream has long been a staple in Portsmouth, NH (they opened in 1982), which means that as a child and young adult I had several positive experiences enjoying their ice cream long before I was an aficionado. Their super premium, kosher ice cream is full of natural ingredients, and they’re an easy walk to the waterfront.
You can find other Annabelle’s locations in other parts of New England and in specialty stores, restaurants and other ice cream shops too. Last fall while catching a musical with my friend Tom. Here’s my (long overdue) reviews of Annabelle’s.
I was impressed by their variety of fun flavors, and their staff was fun and accommodating. With tax, $4.50 gets you a regular, a very reasonable price for a very reasonable portion, and for $5.50 a large is a very big and generous portion.
Here’s what I tried:
Mint Summer Night’s Dream – Wow, this is so delicious! It’s a dutch chocolate base with mint and big chocolate chunks. It’s luscious. I’d eat it again in a heartbeat.
Salted Caramel Chip – This was a super soft and awesome caramel punch in the base – smooth and fluffy. It’s Halloween in a bite!
Dutch Chocolate – While it was the most boring of my flavors, it was very nice! They use a very high-quality chocolate and make the base a super smooth consistency. It’s got a lovely level of richness and chocolate. This is excellent ice cream.
I was so impressed. Annabelle’s is excellent ice cream and though my memory thought they were expensive, I now realize it’s SUPER reasonably priced for the portions and the city real estate. I’ll have to return and find out what a “walking sundae” is next time.
Thanks, Annabelle’s! I will definitely be back!
Supporting This Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.