Hurry Back Ice Cream near Portland, OR
Hurry Back Ice Cream focuses on handmade, small batch, eggless ice cream with simple ingredients. They offer classic and limited edition flavors as well as several non-dairy flavors made with coconut milk and coconut cream. (Note: photos by Hurry Back Ice Cream)
Their hours are limited (not a late night joint) and they’re basically a food truck that hangs out with other food trucks, with a few tables nearby as well. They were happy to let me taste flavors, offered gluten-free cones and my combo of two flavors in one scoop was $4.50, so pretty reasonable for a city. Expect pretty traditional flavors and lots of vegan options if you come here.
Here’s what I tried:
Ghirardelli Chocolate – This is a very tasty chocolate ice cream. Classic taste and I enjoyed it…it’s got a classic amount of smoothness, without being super creamy, and it’s very consistent.
Grasshopper – This is a very natural and light mint flavor. It’s fun! It’s a very nice and natural version of the classic.
Combining these two flavors is definitely fun. There’s a strong mint aftertaste that still shines through when paired with chocolate. Definitely recommend.
Follow them on Instagram for the latest updates on when they’ll be back scooping.
Thanks for the deliciousness. We’ll be sure to hurry back when we’re back in town!
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.