The Hub, Tucson, AZ
On a recent visit to Tucson, I was delighted to finally experience ice cream at The Hub, on a cute downtown street with other ice cream and dining options – including The Hub restaurant across the street!
The staff was excellent and would let me try flavors forever, it seemed, but I stopped on the earlier side with a crowd behind me.
They had tons of well-labeled gluten-free and dairy-free flavors, which I greatly appreciated.
Here’s what I sampled:
Queen Bee – This is a coffee base with bits of honeycomb in it. It’s really tasty! I only skipped it because I didn’t need the extra caffeine boost from the coffee.
Dark Chocolate – This is a very rich dark chocolate. It’s not my ideal texture, but honestly, it’s pretty darn close. It’s a really excellent and powerful flavor. This might make my top five for chocolate!
Banana Nutella – This flavor is for banana fans only! It’s a banana base with Nutella in it. I found the chocolate chips really satisfying – I also hadn’t expected them. Honestly? I could use more Nutella here.
Rice Krispie Treat – This is a marshmallow base with Rice Krispie treats in it. It’s very fun, with chewy bits. Light and satisfying.
Prices were definitely on the higher side, although in a city, this isn’t AS high as it would be elsewhere. It was $4.50 for a very small small, or $7.50 for what is maybe a medium somewhere else. They said you can get up to three flavors for that large at $7.50 – which I did.
The Hub offers delicious, though expensive, ice cream. Although some flavors were fantastic and others were just very good, combined with the service And clarity of labeling and dairy-free options and I will 100% recommend it for discerning ice cream enthusiasts.
Have you visited The Hub?
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.