First off, a super quick announcement – I’m moving to twice a month ice cream blogs for the foreseeable future. With COVID I’m just not traveling very often, and rather than give you mediocre blogs, I’m cutting the frequency in half to make sure I’m posting quality content. So if you don’t hear from me for a bit, no worries, I’ll be back soon!
This week’s blog is a quick one. In August I visited Tontitown Winery for a night, and in addition to their delightful wine and an epic charcuterie board, my husband noticed they had homemade grape ice cream for sale!
Now, your mileage may vary. The only reason they had it was that they participate in an annual festival, and with the festival canceled due to COVID-19, they had tons of pints of ice cream on hand without an outlet.
So we got one of those pints. For $8.
It was really smooth, ridiculously creamy, and super grape-flavored! It was my first time ever having grape ice cream, honestly. It’s really fun if you like a grape flavor.
I was so impressed that this is the only ice cream they make – they have it down to a perfect science!
So visit Tontitown Winery, and if you’re looking for good ice cream nearby, don’t miss TJ’s Sandwich Shop.
Take care this week, everyone, especially my American friends, and happy eating!
Supporting This Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.