This past August, I made a stop at TJ’s Sandwich Shop – not for a sandwich, of course, but for their homemade ice cream!
With COVID-19, they had very strict precautions in place, and they weren’t allowing samples for that reason. While there, they were offering curbside delivery – you could call in your order and they’d bring it out to you.
Here’s what I tried:
Chocolate – This has a texture reminiscent of brownie batter. There was a touch of ice occasionally, but it was satisfying to eat, with a darker chocolate (though it wasn’t super rich). It’s fun! A very pleasing texture and experience overall.
Caramelized Banana – This ice cream has a fairly smooth banana base, with little chunks of banana. It was very consistent, and super fun if you like banana! I found the caramelized process gave it a little more definition and character.
I went with a double for $5.59. The portions were very reasonable – you get plenty of ice cream for the money. I enjoyed my color-changing spoon and honestly found it pretty excellent overall. Next time I will try the basil flavor.
Well done, TJ’s, and thank you for making Hugs Ice Cream!
And thank you for reading, friends. Have a good week!
Supporting This Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.