This is a gargantuan coffee shop. There’s so much seating! But beyond the extensive coffee menu is an ice cream menu, and I was told by my cousin that it was a must-see.
So on my day to visit Greenville, South Carolina, I made sure to stop by. This isn’t my usual ice cream review. They make vanilla and chocolate soft serve and yogurt and then carry an incredible variety of mix-ins. Similar to a Blizzard at Dairy Queen, you choose your base and your mixins.
I had fun watching the soft serve machine. And at $.50/topping, the price was reasonable for a downtown location. I went with a kiddie, which was $4.05 before tax and tip.
To be honest, I didn’t have high hopes when I walked in and realized how it worked. I expected mediocre ice cream with decent mixins.
I was so wrong! Here’s what I got:
Chocolate ice cream base with Nutella and marshmallow – Wow. The base was ridiculously smooth. The chocolate definitely didn’t taste healthy – which is a good thing! It’s not watery, as soft serve can be, but it also isn’t heavy, so it doesn’t hide your mix-ins.
They threw in giant chunks of hazelnut/Nutella style chocolate, absolutely outrageously good. The marshmallow was super finely chopped and well blended.
This was so delicious! I highly recommend a visit here.
I have also heard wonderful things about the gelato place in town, so I will be back for sure!
If you enjoyed this, you might also enjoy reading about the amazing frozen custard I found on the Outer Banks!
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.