I don’t often visit cupcake places. Mostly because I’m gluten-intolerant, of course. But Smallcakes was an exception – because they carry homemade ice cream too!
Since it’s mostly a cupcake place, their flavor selection is small. In fact, they only had two gluten-free flavors during my visit. But they were super-nice and willing to give me two different flavors in a small cup, which came to only $3.71.
Here’s what I had:
Salted Caramel – My first thought was of butter when I ate this! It’s a rich, buttery salted caramel base. It also had chunks of caramel in it! There are lots of them, and they’re soft. And it was a pretty fast caramel. This was a fun take on a classic. I’ve never seen something like this one!
Mint Chocolate Chip – This has a mint base similar to Breyer’s, which is a pretty light and delicious mint chocolate chip. These chips are large, thing, flaky and tasty. Overall, it was a little more subtle than I prefer, but it’s a good pick.
The texture of the ice cream was great! Rich and creamy, for both bases, but especially the caramel.
I’m sure their cupcakes are great, but I can definitely recommend a scoop when you’re nearby.
Thanks for reading and happy eating! If you enjoyed this, you might also enjoy reading about Riding High in Denver.
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links.Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.