Pink Mama’s has a few locations in Greenville and Traveler’s Rest, South Carolina. I visited the latter.
Although most of the flavors they carry are made by Hershey’s or Blue Bell, they also carry several flavors of their own, homemade ice cream.
I made a stop and really enjoyed their small but cute shop. During the warmer months, there’s ample outdoor seating, or you can grab a cone and walk along the main road in Traveler’s Rest. (I highly recommend grabbing a savory crepe at Tandem for lunch first!)
I was a bit disappointed to see that of their four homemade flavors, only a couple of them appeared to be gluten-free. Their pecan pie cheesecake ice cream sounded amazing, but my gluten-eating husband was too stuffed from lunch to try it.
The prices for the homemade ice cream were on the higher side, but I didn’t mind, because the flavor was strong. Here’s the flavor I went with:
Lavender White Chocolate – The lavender flavor is prominent and not too sweet. The white chocolate is subtle, and I could use more. I felt I was almost sensing it more than tasting it. It had a pretty good, fairly creamy texture.
I’m an absolute sucker for lavender, as I’ve mentioned, so I really enjoyed this. I hope Pink Mama’s will keep refining their recipes and expanding their offerings. I look forward to trying other flavors when I’m back in the area.
If you enjoyed this, you might also enjoy reading about how much ice cream I was able to fit into a week in New Hampshire.
Thanks for reading!
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.