Full Tilt in Seattle, WA
My cousin Michelle’s husband, Roscoe, recommended Full Tilt as his favorite local ice cream place during a visit to Seattle last August. I knew the ice cream couldn’t be as good as Michelle’s own brown butter ice cream, but I was happy to give it a shot.
Full Tilt’s employees were willing to put two flavors into a single for me, and at $4.25 plus tax, the ice cream is very reasonable or even cheap for a big city.
The staff was nice and professional, though to be honest they weren’t thrilled to let me try more than a few flavors. (I don’t think they’re used to people pondering and savoring and debating flavors. Oops.) Luckily my family got a variety between us.
The atmosphere is kind of like your favorite dingy college basement hangout, with informal signage and not a fancy setup. They have a few pinball and arcade machines to play too, and they gave us a sticker – always a bonus! – which my husband promptly put onto his guitar case. Their website also mentions they offer live music. There are several beers and ciders on tap to enjoy, and they’ve got a punch card. We also learned they’re a franchise, so the atmosphere may be 100% different in one of their other Seattle locations.
Here’s what I got:
Ube – This sweet potato flavor was sweeter than anticipated. It’s very creamy and really nice, though perhaps a little one note? It would be delightful topped with marshmallow topping or pecans.
Rose Rhubarb – The rose is really prominent here, and the rhubarb brings a nice sweetness. It was unexpected and fun!
Salted Caramel – The salt is very forward here. Very tasty!
Raspberry Truffle – This is kind of a medium chocolate with a raspberry flavoring. It’s very smooth, like an ice cream version of a truffle.
Strawberry Limeade Sorbet – This is very fun, with both flavors prominent and combining really well. It’s both tart and sweet!
Watermelon Marshmallow – You’ll definitely get both flavors here! It’s a bit artificial, and the marshmallows are very fun…it’s a kind of unusual combination!
Full Tilt also offers many vegan flavors (coconut milk or sorbet), fun toppings like toasted marshmallow and cider sorbet floats!
It’s is a fun spin on ice cream, with lots of interesting flavors. They’ve got takeout available now if you need a fix. Have you tried it?
P.S. It isn’t too late to grab your essential work-from-home bundle and support your favorite ice cream blogger! Your support is greatly appreciated. Use my code to save big.
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.