If you’re looking for a wonderful place to spend an afternoon or a half hour, this adorable chocolate cafe is it!
The super friendly server encouraged me to try as many flavors as I wanted to, and the owner was also super nice and thanked me at the end of my visit.
They clearly label tons of gluten-free brownies and chocolates, so I made sure to grab a brownie (how could I resist?) and I’d LOVE to stop by again and try some more treats. They also offer chocolate sorbet.
Here’s what I tried!
Spicy Aztec – Super yum! It gets hotter and hotter as you eat it, a tasty chocolate with spice to it.
Classic Chocolate – This is a rich, creamy darker chocolate, though not creamy like a soft serve. It’s really, really nice.
Sea Salt Caramel – Oh my word! Oh my gosh. This might be the best I’ve had! It’s like the base is literally a creamier version of a melted caramel with the dairy and all…yum! It has a tanginess to it like a caramel. Yes, probably this is currently my #1 of all time for this flavor!
Although the ice cream is pricier at $6 for 6 ounces, you can add whipped cream or hot fudge for only $.50, and you should DEFINITELY add hot fudge because it’s probably the best I’ve ever had! A must try.
Kakawa House has decent parking options (harder to find in Santa Fe sometimes) and between the wonderful service and outstanding quality, this is a must visit while you are in town. Watch their hours and plan carefully to make sure you get there during your next trip. It’s well worth it!
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.
One thought on “Kakawa Chocolate House, Santa Fe, NM”
Pingback: Return to Kakawa: Drinking Chocolate in Santa Fe, NM | In Search of a Scoop