Vida Dulce, Cary, NC
This isn’t the typical ice cream place I review! Here you’ll find everything from traditional ice cream flavors to popsicles and Mexican snacks (which my husband was thrilled to enjoy while I had my ice cream).
They seem to do everything on their extensive menu really, really well. My husband got fried pasta! They were super accommodating too. The woman serving me offered to jam four flavors into two scoops for me!
Vida Dulce is affordable, and when I say they offer a lot of food, I mean everything from lunch specials to popsicles to cheesecake burritos. There’s plenty of seating, and there’s bilingual signage.
I visited pre-COVID-19, so give them a call if you have questions about the current setup. And give their “About Us” a read – it is such an inspiring story!
Here’s what I tried:
White Chocolate – This is a white chocolate base with chocolate chips in it. It’s SO delicious! It’s a prominent and forward flavor, with semi-sweet chips. Yum!! It’s super smooth in texture, almost like marshmallow topping. This is a favorite of mine, at least in my top three for white chocolate if not the top.
Caramel – This is very nice and creamy, not too sweet, a Mexican-style caramel. Yum.
Strawberry Butter – I’d say this is more of a strawberry syrup than strawberry flavor. The butter in it is really fun! Yes, you’ll taste it. This was great for me – I honestly like it more than I like traditional American strawberry ice cream. It was smooth and creamy, with almost a cheesecake-like consistency.
Pine Nut – This was a super creamy, almost fruity base with a light sweetness…there might be coconut in here too. It’s probably the best pine nut ice cream I’ve had! It’s really delicious.
For my future self, tamarind and white chocolate go well together.
This place has everything but more importantly, they do it so, so well. Please visit, have some white chocolate or pine nut or whatever strikes your fancy, and I can’t wait to go back!
Photo courtesy of Vida Dulce’s website.
Supporting This Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.