The Key To Heaven Located In Taos
Hyperbole for a title? Perhaps. But trust me – you don’t want to miss Chokola in Taos, New Mexico.
I’d read excellent reviews of this chocolate cafe, and when I entered, I read the sign and ordered what I thought was the only flavor of ice cream. Turns out they had other flavors at my first visit too – straciatella, vanilla, chocolate sorbet etc.
I was tempted by the drinking chocolate signs, but I held firm to the goal – ice cream!
This was probably, legitimately, in fact definitely, the best chocolate ice cream I have EVER had.
Well, it’s creamy, like a soft serve. And during my first visit, they gave me chocolate shavings on top too!
Its just a gorgeous balance of flavors. The chocolate is real and absolutely heavenly.
This ice cream isn’t very sweet, but there’s enough sweetness, trust me. You’ll truly appreciate the chocolate flavor. It’s a perfect level of sweetness paired with outstanding creaminess. It’s perfect for chocolate lovers like me.
I got two other flavors too, on my subsequent second and third visits (yes! It was that good!)
Coconut Rum – Yum! If you love coconut, this rocks! The rum is a little more subtle and it tastes like your favorite tropical drink. It’s also super creamy, and perfect to pair with chocolate ice cream!
Olive Oil – This one doesn’t have a ton of taste at the start. On the back end you really taste the olive oil. It’s a more subtle flavor, creamy and interesting. I appreciated the experience, but I didn’t need a dish.
It’s a delicious deal at less than $5 with tax for a double scoop.
I can’t recommend the chocolate more highly. Go! Please!
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.