Early this year I visited the Atlanta area to surprise a friend, and our last night together we discovered Rock Salt Milk Bar. What a special place! It’s gorgeous, light and beautiful, and the owners couldn’t have been more friendly. (I was delighted to hear they’re past full-time RVers like me!)
They shared their fascinating origin story with me – the location used to be a cookie bar, and they closed for the filming of Jumanji. Upon learning they wouldn’t be reopening, the owners I spoke with considered buying an oven from them, but ultimately they decided to rent the space, and the cookie owner wanted to keep baking there, so they get homemade cookies and brownies and sweets from the previous owner and they do the ice cream themselves. (They also told us about a friend with a five acre micro-RV park who used to be a music teacher in Denver – small world!)
Here’s what I tried:
Sea Salt – This is a cream base with a little kick of sea salt. It’s really delicious and subtle.
Honey Lavender – So delicious! It’s super bright, with a sweet honey flavor balanced incredibly well with the lavender. Super smooth, making this a possible best or at least in the top three of this type!
White Chocolate Rose – The white chocolate hits first, followed the rose. This one is for rose fans, for sure – I found it fascinating!
Blackberry Earl Grey – This is a perfect combination, wow! Both the flavors are strong, and there’s a little sweetness with it too.
Carmelized Banana – Wow, the carmelized quality is really fabulous, and the banana tastes so amazing. I absolutely love this!
Dark Chocolate – This one is almost like a brownie batter! Super dark and delicious, almost different from a “chocolate” ice cream, extra creamy and batter-like. Yum!
Strawberry Balsamic – This is a subtler, smooth strawberry, with a sweet syrupy undertone of balsamic delicious.
Mango Habanero Sorbet – This is a great, fun combo, not earth-shattering, but smooth and really refreshing.
They also several dairy-free ice creams as well as sorbets, and their ice cream is free of preservatives and totally natural.
I went with the four scoop flight, which includes four half scoops and is TONS of ice cream.
I can’t recommend this spot more highly. Genuine people, amazing ice cream in a cute location. Go there!
Thanks for reading. The world is a lot to handle right now – hope you can carve out a bit of time for a tasty treat or at least for yourself right now.
Supporting This Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help keep the content coming regularly by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.