Sometimes, delicious homemade ice cream falls into your lap. That’s basically what happened to me in El Paso!
When I pulled into Gufo di Milani, known for great gelato in El Paso, I took a quick look around the cute plaza, which is a part of a larger live/work complex. I noticed a really cute burger place and was SHOCKED to see on their signs that they had ice cream!
Not only that – homemade ice cream! And that, my friends, is why in the span of an hour, I had a dish of gelato followed by a dish of ice cream.
Independent Burger is a really cute fast casual restaurant with a bar. Food and drinks are affordable and it feels like your cool neighborhood bar hangout for after work. I saw shakes and ice cream sandwiches on their menu, but not ice cream, so I was happy when they said sure, you can have a dish.
They had a few flavors. I was floored by the price – $2.15! – for a large portion.
I didn’t ask to try it first. I can’t believe how cheap it was. And a to-go container was no problem.
Here’s what I had:
Chocolate – This ice cream is dark, rich, creamy and delicious! It’s almost a fudgy texture. I highly recommend it as is and I’m sure it’s awesome in a shake too. Yum! This is such a find. If I lived nearby, I’d be here all the time!
Their regular menu looks fabulous, including excellent gluten-free options I can’t wait to try.
Big thanks to Independent Burger for keeping it classy and casual and making their own ice cream. Yum!
Supporting My Blog
I am truly grateful for your support of my blog! You can help by doing any or all of the following:
- Become a patron of my work!
- Make purchases via my Amazon website links. There is no additional cost to you, and a portion of the proceeds can support our travels. Begin your Amazon search here.
- Make other purchases using my affiliate links. Signing up with Dosh or Capital One 360 is a great way for everyone with a smartphone to support me, and I also have options for aspiring virtual assistants as well as occasional and full-time RVers to save money. This link will take you to my other travel page with my husband – we’ll have one here soon!
- Listen to, subscribe and review my theater comedy podcast, Finishing The Season!
- Subscribe to this as well as my other travel blog, RossAndJamieAdventure, and recommend our work to your friends and family.
- Take music or theater lessons (group or private) from me and my husband, either in person or via Skype at TinyVillageMusic.com.